Synaptics recognizes the importance of being a “Green Partner” in protecting and maintaining the quality of the environment as an integral part of the company’s business operations and is committed to environmental responsibility in the conduct of its business. We acknowledge our responsibility to ensure that our products and services are provided in an environmentally responsible, safe and sound manner. We also have corporate policies for providing a safe and healthful workplace while conserving energy and promoting recycling and reuse programs to conserve natural resources.
Here is a summary of our corporate policy objectives:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that our personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible corporate citizen and act promptly to correct conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- Managing and minimizing the consumption of energy, water, paper and other resources used by Synaptics in its day-to-day operations.
- Reuse and recycle materials, purchase products made from recycled materials and using recyclable packaging and other materials to conserve natural resources. Maintain recycling and reuse stations at its facilities where relevant.
- Disposing of end-of-life product in an environmentally safe and responsible manner.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which Synaptics subscribes.
- Educating our employees about the steps Synaptics is taking to help protect the environment and providing channels for employees to contribute to our efforts.
- Monitoring and continually improving performance to help protect the environment, including pollution prevention, recycling and reuse. We strive to continually improve Synaptics’ Environmental management performance.
We expect every employee and every contractor working with Synaptics to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to Synaptics’ management. Managers are expected to take prompt action.