Synaptics Broadens Natural ID Portfolio with FS4600 Fingerprint Sensor Family
Feature-Rich Solution Includes Force Sensing, Glass/Ceramic Coverings, Soft-Buttons Support
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 29, 2017 – Synaptics Incorporated (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced the new Synaptics® FS4600 family of Natural ID™ fingerprint sensors, providing high-performance, convenient and secure biometric authentication for mainstream and value smartphones.
The versatile FS4600 family supports square, round, pill shape, and slim rectangular buttons for the front, back or side of devices. The buttons enable OEM choice of coatings including polymers, ceramics or glass. Value-added features include support for two 0D soft buttons, force sensing and swipe navigation. The FS4600 is backed by Synaptics’ industry-superior SentryPoint™ security software.
“The FS4600 family is a terrific extension to our industry-leading Natural ID portfolio, offering compelling, feature-rich capabilities and performance to a broader mass market that is rapidly adopting fingerprint sensors,” said Anthony Gioeli, vice president of marketing, Biometrics Product Division, Synaptics.
FS4600 Key Features:
- Soft Button Support: Two 0D buttons can be used as Android® soft navigation keys
- Force Sensing: Supports force measurement for customer-specific application use
- Navigation: Supports fast swipe
- Choice of Coverings: Buttons using glass, ceramic, and polymers on front, back or side of device
- SentryPoint Security Suite: Includes Quantum Matcher™ for fingerprint template authentication; PurePrint™ anti-spoof technology; SecureLink™ 256-bit AES with TLS 1.2 encryption
Synaptics’ Natural ID FS4600 fingerprint sensors are scheduled to sample in CY17Q2 with mass production in CY17Q3.