IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS WEBSITE (OUR "SITE"). WE MAY MODIFY THE STATEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED STATEMENT.
SYNAPTICS DOES NOT ACCEPT, AND DOES NOT WISH TO RECEIVE, PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, OR ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO MAY NOT LEGALLY ENTER INTO AGREEMENTS.
Synaptics and its business partners own all content, materials, documents and other items on the Site (collectively, "Materials"). You have no ownership interest in Materials, but Synaptics grants you a limited license to view and use Materials, subject to the other provisions of this Statement. Materials are protected under applicable copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws in the United States and around the world. You have no other right to view, use, copy, perform, display, or modify Materials except as expressly described herein. Synaptics may modify, add to, or delete any Materials at any time, without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. This Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which you must observe and follow. Synaptics may also make improvements and/or changes in the products or the programs described in the Materials at any time without notice. Synaptics assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the Materials and the use of such Materials is at your own risk.
OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS
Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Synaptics' prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, Synaptics and its business partners do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secret or any other intellectual property or proprietary right.
THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SYNAPTICS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS MAY BE INCORRECT, OUT OF DATE, INAPPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR TRANSACTION, AND MAY CONTAIN "BUGS", ERRORS, DEFECTS, AND MAY NOT OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR NOT PRODUCE RESULTS AS EXPECTED.
SYNAPTICS LICENSE AGREEMENT
These license terms are an agreement between Synaptics Incorporated and its affiliates (“Synaptics”) and you. Please read them. They apply to any software and related documentation provided by Synaptics to you, whether accessed from a Synaptics’ website, electronic media or paper documents (“Software”).
By accessing, using or installing the Software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not access, use or install the Software. Instead, remove the software from your computer or other device and return it to Synaptics.
1. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use or install the Software for the sole purpose of using the Software for the explicit purpose for which it is provided or made available to you (“Purpose”). This License extends only to use or installation of the Software for use with ASICs, firmware, development kits or hardware supplied by Synaptics. Synaptics reserves all other rights to the Software and any improvements, updates, upgrades and revisions. You must comply with any technical restrictions or limitations in the Software that only allow you to use or install it in certain ways. Synaptics may terminate this License at any time you do not comply with its provisions and seek remedies available at law or equity. Upon such termination, you shall immediately cease using the Software and return to Synaptics or destroy all copies of it in your possession. Synaptics has no obligation under this License to provide technical support.
You may not:
- Work around or gain access to any restricted or inactivated features or other technical limitations in the Software;
- Reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits;
- Make more copies of the Software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law;
- Publish the Software for others to copy;
- Rent, lease, transfer or lend the Software;
- Use the Software for commercial software hosting services; or
- Use the Software with ASICs, firmware, development kits or hardware other than that supplied by Synaptics.
2. COPIES. You may make copies of the Software only as required for the Purpose. The Software is confidential information subject to the terms of Synaptics’ standard Non-Disclosure Agreement and you shall not disclose it to any employee or third party except in accordance with that Agreement.
3. INTERNET-BASED SOFTWARE UPDATES. Synaptics may provide updates to the Software from time to time. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use your access to any Synaptics web site or file transfer protocol (FTP) site or other site in any way that could damage or impair anyone else’s use or access to the updates. You may not use your access to Synaptics’ web, FTP or other site to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
4. TRANSFER TO ANOTHER DEVICE. You may uninstall the Software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this License between devices.
5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The Software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use.
6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This License (including the warranty below) are the entire agreement for the Software.
7. APPLICABLE LAW. California state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The State and Federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California shall have sole jurisdiction over, and shall be the sole forum for resolving, any disputes arising involving Synaptics, and any claimant against Synaptics hereby submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
8. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. You cannot recover any other damages arising from this agreement or the use of the Software in excess of the amounts you have paid hereunder for defective Software, and Synaptics will not be liable for consequential damages, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to, without limitation:
- Anything related to the Software or its content (including code), and
- Claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law
It also applies even if:
- Repair, replacement or a refund for the Software does not fully compensate you for any losses, or
- Synaptics knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
9. LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Synaptics will replace the Software at no charge if Synaptics determines it to be defective. If Synaptics cannot replace it, Synaptics will refund the amount you paid for the Software. You must uninstall the Software and return any media and other associated materials to Synaptics with proof of purchase to obtain a refund. These are your only remedies for breach of the limited warranty. Synaptics makes no other warranties, guarantees or conditions, express or implied. Synaptics excludes implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. SYNAPTICS' LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ITS AGREEMENT WITH YOU OR SUPPLYING, OR FAILING TO SUPPLY, THE SOFTWARE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY
LINKS TO OTHER MATERIALS
Any linked sites accessible from the Site are not under the control of Synaptics and Synaptics is not responsible for the content of any such linked site or any link contained in any linked site. Synaptics reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. Synaptics does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Synaptics does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you. ANY INFORMATION SENT TO SYNAPTICS WILL BE DEEMED NOT TO BE CONFIDENTIAL. BY SENDING SYNAPTICS ANY INFORMATION, YOU GRANT SYNAPTICS AN UNRESTRICTED, FULLY-PAID, IRREVOCABLE LICENSE TO USE, REPRODUCE, DISPLAY, DISCLOSE, PERFORM, MODIFY, TRANSMIT AND DISTRIBUTE THAT INFORMATION, AND USE ANY IDEAS, CONCEPTS, KNOW-HOW OR TECHNIQUES THAT YOU SEND SYNAPTICS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
CONTACTING THE SITE
If you have any questions about the practices of this Site, or your dealings with Synaptics, you should send an email to: email@example.com
TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE
SYNAPTICS, the Synaptics logo, and the Synaptics products referred to on the Site are either the common law trademarks or registered trademarks of Synaptics. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
This Statement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Synaptics and you regarding the Site, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the Materials provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Statement. Any action related to this Statement shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. The State and Federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California, shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising hereunder, and the parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to extra-territorial service of process. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Statement. Neither this Statement, nor any rights hereunder, may be assigned by operation of law or otherwise, in whole in part, by you without the prior, written consent of Synaptics. Any purported assignment without such permission shall be void. Synaptics may assign this Statement, in whole or in part, without notice to you or any third party. Any waiver of any rights of either party must be in writing, signed by the waiving party, and any such waiver shall not operate as a waiver of any future breach of this Statement. In the event any portion of this Statement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such portion shall be severed, and the remaining terms shall be separately enforced. The language in this Statement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.