Synaptics to Showcase Automotive Solutions at Embedded World
SAN JOSE, Calif. – February 28, 2017 – Synaptics Incorporated (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced demonstration of its latest automotive technology at the Embedded World Conference, March 14-16, 2017, in Nuremberg, Germany (Hall 4A, Booth 533).
Demonstration highlights include fingerprint sensors on a steering wheel and a start button for biometric authentication, personalization, and for secure mobile payments; high-performance touchscreens capable of variable-force touch sensing and reliable while wet or with thick gloves; and ultra-high resolution displays for use throughout the cockpit including the dashboard, center counsel, and replacing of mirrors.
Synaptics Automotive Demonstrations:
- DDIC Image IP: Synaptics brings high resolution and color enhancement to automobiles and enables OEMs to customize image quality with HDR upscaling.
- Fingerprint Sensor on Start Button: Authenticate the driver before the car starts. Enable personalization settings. Ideal for consumers, fleets, car sharing, and autonomous vehicles.
- Fingerprint Sensor on Steering Wheel: Ideal for personalization, UI navigation and authenticating mobile payments such as in-car drive-thru purchases, tolls & parking, without taking hands off the wheel.
- TouchPad / ClickPad on Steering Wheel: Enables driver to control functions of vehicle features while keeping hands safely on steering wheel. The intuitive touch user interface supports swipe and scroll gestures, while the ‘click’ confirms selections similar to mechanical buttons.
- Touchscreens with Capacitive Force Sensing: Applying variable pressure on the display increases driver safety with features such press-to-confirm selection, and zoom.
- Load-Cell Force Sensing on Clear or Opaque Surfaces: Applying variable pressure on the display increases driver safety with features such press-to-confirm selection, and zoom.
- ForcePad Window Lifter and Steering Wheel Controls: Combining capacitive touch with a variable-force sensitive surface to replace mechanical buttons.
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company’s rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Natural ID, SentryPoint, Quantum Matcher, PurePrint, SecureLink, Synaptics ClearView, Synaptics TouchView, ClearPad, TDsync, ClearForce, TouchPad, SecurePad, AudioSmart, VideoSmart, Qdeo, Synaptics, and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries.