Advanced, Customizable Driver Features | Synaptics
Advanced, Customizable Driver Features
Synaptics TouchPad™ is an advanced, touch-sensitive interface solution that senses the position of a user’s finger (or fingers) on its surface to provide screen navigation, cursor movement, application control, and a platform for interactive input.
Our industry-leading TouchPad solutions are known for their reliability, accuracy, and advanced driver features. Synaptics TouchPad solutions can be custom designed to meet any requirements for:
- Feature functionality
- Electrical interfaces
Our TouchPad devices also offer advanced device driver features that allow users to customize their TouchPad device settings to meet their individual preferences.
Synaptics has designed a new Image Sensing TouchPad that can provide full-time tracking of up to 10 fingers simultaneously. This new capability places new demands on the interface between the TouchPad and the host -- demands which exceed the capacity of the PS/2 interface. The existing, legacy PS/2 limits bandwidth for utilizing Image Sensor capabilities. Currently, the PS/2 interface constrains Image Sensor to being able to count 4 TouchPad finger contacts and track 2 fingers full-time.
Synaptics InterTouch utilizes a high bandwidth internal bus for true Multi-Touch “Full-Time Finger Tracking”, enabling a richer gesture-driven user experience. InterTouch is an open architecture using existing industry standard, higher-speed bus interfaces and whose specification will be available to any OEM and any touchpad provider. Additional InterTouch capabilities include:
- Cross Platform & Brands: will work with all Synaptics TouchPads, ClickPads, open to third party touchpads
- Enhanced Gestures: true multi-finger gesture tracking and counting
- Re-flash/Re-programmability: greatly increases data throughput providing fast re-flash times
Synaptics InterTouch is designed for full compatibility with the current and future Windows platforms, and will also be supported on Linux-based platforms in future releases.
Click here to learn more about Intertouch and Windows 8.
Where You’ll Find TouchPad
Ideal for a wide variety of applications and other peripherals that require a thin, robust, accurate, and easy-to-use navigation device, the Synaptics TouchPad can be found in:
- Notebooks (Found with all top-tier notebook OEM devices)
- Remote Controls
TouchPad Features and Benefits
- Advanced Features—Includes patented features such as HandCheck, Virtual Scrolling, Tap Zones, and EdgeMotion
- Accurate—Resolution of 1000 DPI for precise and responsive touching sensing
- Configurable—Custom designed to meet requirements for size, thickness, buttons, and software features
- Easy to Use—Requires only a slight touch to activate
Contact us today to make TouchPad part of your device.(Skip to top)