Synaptics TouchButtons™ capacitive sensors are intuitive interfaces that simplify and enrich various product applications including notebook PCs, PC peripherals, and handheld devices. These sensors can be used as a compelling and durable alternative to mechanical buttons and scroll wheels. Choose from a range of options to meet your specific size, shape, and space requirements.
Where You’ll Find TouchButtons
TouchButtons solutions can be used in a wide variety of selection and scrolling implementations. And TouchButtons interfaces can be used to differentiate various electronic devices through rich customization options. TouchButtons solutions are ideal for use in:
- Mobile phones
- Personal digital entertainment players and other handhelds
- PCs and PC peripherals.
- White goods
- Desktop monitors
- Home entertainment and automation
TouchButtons Features and Benefits
- Proximity—Differentiating user experience as and gestures even without touching.
- GPIO ++ —Patented methodology that allows a single pin to drive both LEDs and GPIOs.
- Advanced 1D effects—gesture and multi-tap detection with high degree of interpolation
- Advanced Features—Intelligent sensing capabilities support advanced features such as speed-sensitive scrolling.
- Customizable—TouchButtons come with software that enable custom project creation to meet your specific device requirements.
- Industrial Design—Enhance your solution with a range of LED illumination and haptic triggering options that offer unique industrial design possibilities.
- Durable—With no moving parts to wear out, TouchButtons solutions can be mounted underneath plastic, making them resistant to damage from dirt, moisture, and scratching.
- Proven—Technology used in over 900 million devices.
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances Compliant—Manufactured in compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances and Halogen-free directives. Additional “green” manufacturing options are available.
Contact us today to make TouchButtons part of your device.