Disclosure of Synaptics Pursuant to California Transparency in Supply Chains Act | Synaptics
Disclosure of Synaptics Pursuant to California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
Synaptics is committed to support international, national and local labor and human rights standards including those for slavery and human trafficking, in all countries we operate in. As a manifestation of our commitment, we have adopted the EICC (Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition) Code of Conduct that expressly requires “freely chosen employment” and prohibits the use of forced, bonded, or indentured labor or involuntary prison labor. We have also required our supply chain to comply with this Code of Conduct.
Pursuant to the requirements of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (SB 657), Synaptics hereby discloses the extent of its activities as follows:
- Synaptics periodically evaluates and verifies the supplier’s compliance with the EICC Code of Conduct, including their level of social responsibility and risks of human trafficking and slavery. This verification is done at the initial stage of qualifying suppliers and on an on‐going basis as part of a performance monitoring process. The verification is done by Synaptics and not by a third party.
- Synaptics, in partnership with key customers, conducts audits of some of its suppliers for their level of social responsibility and compliance with the EICC Code of Conduct. These audits cover the requirements on the non‐use of forced labor and compliance with applicable laws and requirements. The audit is performed by our customers and is announced.
- Supplier certification is not currently required of our suppliers. The Synaptics Terms and Conditions of Purchase from suppliers require that suppliers comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the manufacture, fabrication, construction, transportation or use of products supplied.
- Synaptics has the right to terminate employment or supplier agreements in case of known violation of law by an employee or any supplier of products or services. The Synaptics Code of Conduct requires compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the business and operations of Synaptics. In the event of violation, Synaptics takes actions to deter wrongdoing and promote accountability for adherence to the code.
- Synaptics has trained employees and management personnel responsible for Supply Chain Management on identifying and mitigating risks of human trafficking and slavery within the supply chain.