Shin Shin Foundation | Synaptics
Shin Shin Foundation
A non-profit organization founded in 1997, the mission of the Shin Shin Education Foundation (SSEF) is to narrow the educational condition gap between urban and rural areas in China. The Synaptics-ShinShin (S3) program was started in 2010 as a charity partnership program between Synaptics Inc. and the SSEF.
- In 2005 Allie Xiong started the Shin Shin English and Computer Teacher Training (ECTT) program.
- The program has trained about 800 elementary school teachers from rural areas nationwide in China, benefiting about 100,000 children
- In 2010 volunteers were recruited to assist the ECTT program onsite in Hunan province, China totaling 120 hours
- Synaptics Hong Kong in fundraised for the S3 program, which Francis Lee matched all employee donations.
- In 2011 volunteers helped ECTT trainees improve their English or computer skills, develop and provide class room activities for trainees including discussion and role play, and other extracurricular activities.
- In 2011 Synaptics Inc was recognized by the Shin Shin Educational Foundation as partner of the year. Jim Harrington spoke at the Shin Shin Educational Foundation annual celebration representing Synaptics.
- In 2012, the East Meets West Shin Shin Benefit Concert raised over $42,000 for the Shin Shin Foundation. The funds will be used to support and sponsor 100 rural area teachers to participate in the annual training program.
View an interview with Synaptics on Ding Ding TV
Click here to view the full-length version.(Skip to top)